(PC) Victory Meat: New Fiction from Atlantic Canada

by Edited by Lynn Coady | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by vhackett of Fredericton, New Brunswick Canada on 8/8/2003
Journal Entry 1 by vhackett from Fredericton, New Brunswick Canada on Friday, August 8, 2003
Hmmm...so I told myself that I was not going to buy anymore books until I had read at least 5 from my TBR pile. Then (at the Supermarket of all places) I come across Victory Meat. I thought "Gee, that's a strange title...I wonder if it has anything to do with the Victory Meat Market - nah, couldn't be" but my interest was caught so I picked it up and took a look at the IMPRESSIVE list of fiction authors inside, found out it did have a story about Victory Meat Market right here in Fredericton, that all of the stories were from Atlantic Canada and finally, the clencher, there was an introduction by Lynn Coady entitled "Books that say Arse" - who could resist?

Journal Entry 2 by vhackett from Fredericton, New Brunswick Canada on Wednesday, January 28, 2004
I really enjoyed the vast majority of these stories - there were a couple in the middle that I wish I had skipped over though. Some gory details that I wish I hadn't seen. Mostly remarkable though!