Buried in Books: A Reader's Anthology

by Julie Rugg | Nonfiction |
Registered by wingLittleSuzwing of Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on 2/16/2011
Journal Entry 1 by wingLittleSuzwing from Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, February 16, 2011
Given to me as a Christmas present

Journal Entry 2 by wingLittleSuzwing at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, February 24, 2011
"It's not that I don't like people. It's just that when I'm in the company of others - even my nearest and dearest - there always comes a moment when I'd rather be reading a book.Maureen Corrigan, Leave me alone, I'm reading (2005)

This is my favourite quote of the entire collection. And the collection does contain some great bits, with everything from Lady Montague's 18th century letters, to P.G. Wodehouse, to Roald Dahl's Matilda getting a look in. It's definitely a fun little read for the committed booklover.

Journal Entry 3 by wingLittleSuzwing at Biblos, Chambers Street in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, March 3, 2011

Released 12 yrs ago (3/3/2011 UTC) at Biblos, Chambers Street in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

Released at the meetup.

If you are new to bookcrossing - welcome and congratulations for finding a book! Please leave a journal entry to let me and any other readers know where it has gone and what you thought of it.

Journal Entry 4 by bookfrogster at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, March 5, 2011
Caught at the meet up. Great to see everyone after a bit of a long absence. This looks like it will be right up my street!

Journal Entry 5 by bookfrogster at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, March 13, 2011
This collection of views on all aspects of books and reading was good fun. I really identified with Mrs Cayhill who becomes oblivious to all around her when reading. Will bring along to the next meet up.

Journal Entry 6 by bookfrogster at Biblos, Chambers Street in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, April 9, 2011

Released 12 yrs ago (4/7/2011 UTC) at Biblos, Chambers Street in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

Set free at the Edinburgh meet up. Happy reading.

Journal Entry 7 by Triggerfish at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, April 9, 2011
Caught this book at Bookcrossing meetup, thanks. Looks like I'll enjoy dipping into this.

Journal Entry 8 by Triggerfish at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, November 25, 2023
I’ve been reading this over the past few months, having discovered it during a major clear out. Some very amusing extracts and quotes and some wise words. Very enjoyable.
“Real happiness lies in the little things, in a bit of gardening work, in the rattle of teacups in the next room, in the last chapter of a book.”
W.N.P.Barbellion 1911

Journal Entry 9 by Triggerfish at Biblos, Chambers Street in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, November 25, 2023

Released 2 mos ago (11/26/2023 UTC) at Biblos, Chambers Street in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

Released at meet up. Enjoy.

Journal Entry 10 by wingCassandra2020wing at Roslin, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, November 28, 2023
Picked up at Old Gang meetup - couldn't resist the cover... I feel seen ;-)

Of course, I do love an anthology that I can dip into alongside a more focused read. Will parallel read in 2024