The Ice Queen: A Novel

by Alice Hoffman | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by mdm139 of Las Vegas, Nevada USA on 12/5/2010
Journal Entry 1 by mdm139 from Las Vegas, Nevada USA on Sunday, December 5, 2010
Picked up at the Book Thing. Liked the first line for our holiday game.

Journal Entry 2 by wingKateKintailwing at Burke, Virginia USA on Saturday, December 11, 2010
I chose this book in the first line book game at the BCinDC holiday party.

The first line, which caught my attention, is: "Be careful what you wish for."

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Burke, Virginia USA on Saturday, March 26, 2011
Lent to me by my daughter. A good family interaction novel. It almost makes me believe it could really happen.

Journal Entry 4 by wingKateKintailwing at Burke, Virginia USA on Sunday, June 16, 2024
I read this book a couple months ago (along with another one or two by the author).

Alice Hoffman's writing is always so beautiful and powerful. And I like the bit of supernaturalness infused in this one like magic. The idea of a lightning strike causing such amazing results was great. But the main draw were the relationships of the people affected.

Journal Entry 5 by wingKateKintailwing at Alexandria, Virginia USA on Sunday, June 16, 2024

Released 3 wks ago (6/16/2024 UTC) at Alexandria, Virginia USA

Bringing this to a BCinDC meeting so it can find a new reader. Enjoy!

Welcome to BookCrossing!

I hope you enjoy the book. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 6 by wingResQgeekwing at Alexandria, Virginia USA on Sunday, June 16, 2024
I brought this home from today's BC-in-DC meeting to release.

Journal Entry 7 by wingResQgeekwing at Starbucks - Ballenger Ave. in Alexandria, Virginia USA on Friday, June 21, 2024

Released 3 wks ago (6/21/2024 UTC) at Starbucks - Ballenger Ave. in Alexandria, Virginia USA

Left on one of the tables outside the shop.

Released for the 2024 Allergic to A challenge.

======================

DEAR FINDER,

I hope you enjoy the book!