Knit Fast, Die Young: A Knitting Mystery (Knitting Mysteries)

by Mary Kruger | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by disneyfreaksam of Warminster, Wiltshire United Kingdom on 10/12/2010
Journal Entry 1 by disneyfreaksam from Warminster, Wiltshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Ariadne Evans swore her sleuthing days were over after her very own knitting shop became a crime scene a few months back. But she hadn't anticipated that the few Freeport Wool and Yarn Festival would become the site of another murder - with hers truly as a prime suspect. Since Ari was the one to find the body of Felicia Barr - the much detested and influential owner of Knit It Up magazine - with a knitting needle stuck in her back, the cops are needling Ari for answers. In a stitch, Ari dons her hand-knit detective cap and helps her on-and-off boyfriend, Detective Josh Pierce, untangle the day's events and solve a very woolly crime - before the killer strikes again . . .

Journal Entry 2 by disneyfreaksam at Warminster, Wiltshire United Kingdom on Monday, January 31, 2011
Fun read. Nice change in tempo for a change. Relaxing

xx

Journal Entry 3 by disneyfreaksam at Warminster, Wiltshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Released 13 yrs ago (3/22/2011 UTC) at Warminster, Wiltshire United Kingdom

Exchanging books to Germany xx

Journal Entry 4 by Neckarhex at Sinsheim, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Thursday, March 31, 2011
The book arrived well today! Thank you so much for this Bookswap. The reading will have to wait a bit; my TBR is huuuge and several bookrings are also awaiting attention... ;o)

Journal Entry 5 by Neckarhex at Sinsheim, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Saturday, May 29, 2021
I'm sorry to say, particularly since it took me so long to get to this book, but I didn't like it and won't finish it. Being an avid knitter and mystery lover I'd hoped either the background or the mystery part would be entertaining, but TBH neither happened. Perhaps the reason is that I don't know the predecessor, but the characters and their interaction feel flat and not very interesting to me, and the mystery as well as the background aren't very well written.
I hope the book will soon find another reader who might enjoy it better!

Journal Entry 6 by Neckarhex at anywhere in Hvide Sande, Ringkøbing Amt Denmark on Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Released 1 mo ago (4/16/2024 UTC) at anywhere in Hvide Sande, Ringkøbing Amt Denmark

released at the harbour

Dear finder,

I'm a very special book. You see, I 'm travelling around the world making new friends. I hope I've made another one in you Thank you for coming here and making an entry in my travelling journal so my other friends can see what has become of me. Please help me now keeping my dream alive, read me and release me again.
You can give me to friends or leave me anywhere, but please not in airports, as lost books get destroyed there.

Thank you very much!