Bel Canto: A Novel

by Ann Patchett | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by crystalwall of Nampa, Idaho USA on 6/25/2003
Journal Entry 1 by crystalwall from Nampa, Idaho USA on Wednesday, June 25, 2003
A very different book from what I normally read but I enjoyed it a great deal. Set in South America, a birthday party in honor of a powerful business man is being held at the home of the Vice President. The party is interrupted by a group of terrorists intending to take the President hostage. Upon discovering that the President did not attend the party, the terrorists take all of the attendees hostage instead. It is a touching story of humanity and all the varied feelings and interactions we experience amoung our selves and how those experiences can change us forever.

Journal Entry 2 by crystalwall from Nampa, Idaho USA on Wednesday, June 25, 2003
Passed along to a friend who will release it after reading

Journal Entry 3 by crystalwall from Nampa, Idaho USA on Tuesday, August 12, 2003
This book is on its way to TXCAJUN in Texas. Enjoy!!!!

Journal Entry 4 by txcajun from Carrollton, Texas USA on Saturday, September 27, 2003
Received and will be reading this as soon as I finish Secret Life of Bees and send it on its way.