Eleanor and Abel: A Romance

by Annette Sanford | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by PostMuse of Wellfleet, Massachusetts USA on 6/16/2003
Journal Entry 1 by PostMuse from Wellfleet, Massachusetts USA on Monday, June 16, 2003
Looks to be a sweet story with seniors starring in the romantic roles :-)

Journal Entry 2 by PostMuse from Wellfleet, Massachusetts USA on Thursday, June 26, 2003
Bookray, so the last person, who will be minerswifebb, will release into the wild! Or, start another ray :-)

debnance in USA (Texas)
djf1968 in USA (California)
minerswifebb in Canada (British Columbia)

Journal Entry 3 by debnance from Alvin, Texas USA on Wednesday, August 20, 2003
Being a stay-at-home mom in the 80's was, at times, a mind-numbing experience. But I began to get out in the world one day a week in 1988, working at a local church's Mother's Day Out program. I was assigned to the baby room and I was teamed with another mom who became a good friend.

Johnnie also had a baby and we spent our days with the babies talking about our families, of course, and also about books and philosophy and the wide world. Johnnie told me about growing up in a very tiny town in South Texas in a big family and she told me about a wonderful teacher she had who encouraged her to venture out.

That teacher was the author of this book, Annette Sanford.

Thanks for sending this to me, zmrzlina. I will start Eleanor and Abel today.

Journal Entry 4 by debnance from Alvin, Texas USA on Friday, August 22, 2003
A very gentle romance. Author Annette Sanford caught the character of Eleanor, a never-married retired school teacher, beautifully. Abel arrives in Eleanor's life and dramatically alters her world. Lovely story.

Journal Entry 5 by debnance from Alvin, Texas USA on Sunday, August 24, 2003
I'm mailing this off to djf1968 tomorrow! Enjoy!

Journal Entry 6 by wingdjf1968wing from San Ramon, California USA on Monday, September 1, 2003
Got this in the mail over the weekend... I've got quite a few "ring/ray" books ahead of it in the queue -- I'll read it as quickly as possible, report back, and send it on its way. Thanks for sharing -- looks like a really sweet story!

Journal Entry 7 by wingdjf1968wing at A BookCrosser, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Released 5 mos ago (11/8/2023 UTC) at A BookCrosser, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

I recently found this book had fallen behind a book shelf. I tried to reach out to the next in line (she's still active 20 years later), but I got no response, so in the spirit of bookcrossing, I'm adding it to the Swap Up Mt. TBR book box headed from here up the left coast to Seattle, WA. I hope Eleanor & Abel find some new readers & friends.
----------
You've found the book I released!

Please take a minute to make a journal entry to let me (and all who may have read it before me) know the book is safe and has found a new reader. You don't need to join BookCrossing and you can remain completely anonymous. If you do decide to join, you can follow this book's future travels, as you’ll receive an email anytime someone makes a journal entry. It's fun, free, and confidential.

When you’ve finished reading the book, please make another journal entry to let us know what you thought of it. It's now yours, and you can keep it if you choose or share it for others to enjoy. If you do pass it along, please make a release note to let others know where you left it or who you shared it with.

Journal Entry 8 by wing39301wing at Seattle, Washington USA on Friday, November 10, 2023
I received this book as part of the Swap up Mt. TBR bookbox

Journal Entry 9 by wing39301wing at LFL - 51st Ave S (5311) Meow Meow #39301 in Seattle, Washington USA on Monday, February 5, 2024

Released 2 mos ago (2/5/2024 UTC) at LFL - 51st Ave S (5311) Meow Meow #39301 in Seattle, Washington USA

Released as part of the 2024 Valentine Challenge

Journal Entry 10 by wing39301wing at Seattle, Washington USA on Tuesday, February 27, 2024
This book came back to our Little Free Library!

Journal Entry 11 by wing39301wing at Seattle, WA, USA, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Released 1 mo ago (3/12/2024 UTC) at Seattle, WA, USA, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

Passing this off to @echode when we meet up for dinner!

Journal Entry 12 by wingechodewing at Seattle, Washington USA on Thursday, March 14, 2024
I've got The Golden Bachelor on my Hulu watchlist, so zero judgement and all optimism here :D
Thanks for passing it along...and what a crazy backstory this book has had!