The Princess Diaries: Give Me Five

by Meg Cabot | Teens |
Registered by RoryG of Bluemont, Virginia USA on 1/4/2009
Journal Entry 1 by RoryG from Bluemont, Virginia USA on Sunday, January 4, 2009
Amazon.com Review:
Mia Thermopolis is your average urban ninth grader. Even though she lives in Greenwich Village with a single mom who is a semifamous painter, Mia still puts on her Doc Martens one at a time, and the most exciting things she ever dreams about are smacking lips with sexy senior Josh Richter, "six feet of unadulterated hotness," and passing Algebra I. Then Mia's dad comes to town, and drops a major bomb. Turns out he's not just a European politician as he's always lead her to believe, but actually the prince of a small country! And Mia, his only heir, is now considered the crown princess of Genovia! She doesn't even know how to begin to cope: "I am so NOT a princess.... You never saw anyone who looked less like a princess than I do. I mean, I have really bad hair... and... a really big mouth and no breasts and feet that look like skis." And if this news wasn't bad enough, Mia's mom has started dating her algebra teacher, the paparazzi is showing up at school, and she's in a huge fight with her best friend, Lilly. How much more can this reluctant Cinderella handle?

Offbeat Mia will automatically win the heart of every teenage girl who's ever just wanted to fit in with as little fuss as possible. Debut author Meg Cabot's writing is silly and entertaining, with tons of pop culture references that will make teens feel right at home within her pages. This is a wonderfully wacky read. (Ages 12 and older) --Jennifer Hubert

*****
This was absolutely perfect reading, when I was sick and tired of chick lit. Teen books are the way to go :)

Journal Entry 2 by CandyDarling at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Friday, August 12, 2011
Thank you, I'm looking forward to reading this!

Journal Entry 3 by CandyDarling at Helsinki Outlet in Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, December 11, 2023

Released 7 mos ago (12/10/2023 UTC) at Helsinki Outlet in Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

I left the book on the book exchange shelf at Helsinki Outlet.

-----------------------------------------

If you're reading this, you've caught a book! Congratulations, and welcome to BookCrossing. You've come to a friendly place. Hope you enjoy the book, and the free no-spam website. Please make a short note to let me know what you thought of the book, then feel free to keep it or set it free to continue its journey. If you choose to join BookCrossing, you'll be able to see where the book goes on its travels!

Happy Reading!