Born Standing Up: A Comic's Life

by Steve Martin | Biographies & Memoirs |
Registered by MrMustard of -- Somewhere in London 🤷‍♀️ , Greater London United Kingdom on 12/30/2008
Journal Entry 1 by MrMustard from -- Somewhere in London 🤷‍♀️ , Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Years ago, myself and a mate would rent Steve Martin's stand-up video on an almost weekly basis. It was the funniest thing we'd ever seen, and repeated watching didn't seem to do it any harm. As this book seems to mainly deal with his life as a stand-up, I'm looking forward to reading it.

Journal Entry 2 by MrMustard from -- Somewhere in London 🤷‍♀️ , Greater London United Kingdom on Thursday, March 26, 2009
A fascinating account of Steve Martin's stand up career. Gives a real insight into how he developed his act from amateur magic to one of the biggest stand-ups ever. Happily, this really concentrates on the comedy side of things so that while snippets from the author's personal life are included where relevant, the main focus is always on what impact it had on his act. Just don't read it expecting a barrel of laughs.