LIFE AFTER GOD

by DOUGLAS COUPLAND | Other |
Registered by Paws4Books of Deal, Kent United Kingdom on 11/22/2008
Journal Entry 1 by Paws4Books from Deal, Kent United Kingdom on Saturday, November 22, 2008
Review from Amazon:
With his first work - Generation X - Douglas Coupland revealed the ambitionless twenty-something 'slacker' generation to a supposedly 'post-yuppie' America, and in doing so received much media attention. In Life After God, a disparate collection of characters grapple with the problems of loneliness, anxiety and the meaning of life in an increasingly secular society. Scattered throughout these eight short stories are the author's own illustrations. Initially irritating childlike scribbles, these slowly merge with the accompanying text to create a full yet fractured impression of a frazzled contemporary America. (Kirkus UK)

Product Description
His fans favourite book. YOU ARE THE FIRST GENERATION RAISED WITHOUT RELIGION What happens if we are raised without religion or beliefs? As we grow older, the beauty and disenchantments of the world temper our souls. We all have spiritual impulses, yet where do these impulses flow in a world of commodities and consumerism? LIFE AFTER GOD is a compellingly innovative collection of stories responding to these themes. Douglas Coupland takes us into worlds we know exist but rarely see, finding rare grace amid our pre-millennium turmoil.

I'm a bit of a Coupland fan and really enjoyed this book. I somehow managed to re-read it in one day - I’m usually painfully slow at reading so I guess it says something about the book!! I really enjoyed this one but I actually believe that it's not the best that Coupland has written...it's still very different to your standard novel and I hope that the next reader enjoys it as much as I did!

Journal Entry 2 by Paws4Books at Forest Cafe in Salcey Forest, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Saturday, November 22, 2008

Released 15 yrs ago (11/22/2008 UTC) at Forest Cafe in Salcey Forest, Northamptonshire United Kingdom

To be taken along to Salcey forest later today.

Journal Entry 3 by Korky from Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Saturday, November 22, 2008
Won in the bookswap game at the Salcey Forest meet today.

Journal Entry 4 by Korky at Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, February 21, 2024
Having a pre-redecorating clear out and some stuff's just got to move into the 'to be released' box.

Journal Entry 5 by Korky at Campbell Park 🌳 in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Saturday, February 24, 2024

Released 1 mo ago (2/24/2024 UTC) at Campbell Park 🌳 in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom

Left on the war veteran statue

Journal Entry 6 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Saturday, March 2, 2024
Found this today in Campbell Park. Looking forward to reading it. Seemed appropriate to find in during World Book Day week