The River King

by Alice Hoffman | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingcestmoiwing of Hamilton, Ontario Canada on 4/28/2003
Journal Entry 1 by wingcestmoiwing from Hamilton, Ontario Canada on Monday, April 28, 2003
TBR

(then going JuneBug31)

Journal Entry 2 by wingcestmoiwing from Hamilton, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, April 30, 2003
I can't rate this as I didn't read past the first 20 pages. It just didn't grip me at all the way Hoffman's other novels have and it seemed like the story wasn't starting, it was all just words unrelated to each other.

Disappointing, I admit, but of all her novels this is the only one I've felt this way about so far.

This is going to JuneBug31 who I picked it up for anyway...hope she enjoys it!!

Journal Entry 3 by JuneBug31 from Omemee, Ontario Canada on Monday, May 5, 2003
Another Alice Hoffman "experience" which I received in the mail today from my good friend cestmoi!!

Thank you so much, looking forward to it!!

Journal Entry 4 by JuneBug31 from Omemee, Ontario Canada on Thursday, June 5, 2003
Certainly a page turner!! An eerily haunting story about a small town and the private school that is at it's center. So many lives intertwined. A rather backward boy who flirts with a beautiful girl, an oddly strange photographer who is engaged to a terribly odd and boring teacher and the cop who must solve the mystery of the body that was found in the river.

This was an intriguing book with a little of everything in it. Ghostly, friendships, eccentricity, love, mystery, wonderment!

Thanks for passing it on cestmoi, sorry you didn't enjoy it.

Journal Entry 5 by JuneBug31 from Omemee, Ontario Canada on Thursday, April 8, 2004
I'm mailing this book off tomorrow morning to vhackett in New Brunswick as a RABCK!!

Hope you enjoy it & happy reading!!

Journal Entry 6 by vhackett from Fredericton, New Brunswick Canada on Monday, April 19, 2004
Received in a trade with JuneBug31 - looking forward to reading it! Your books are on their way JuneBug31! :-)