Ghost Country

by Sara Paretsky | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingbookstogivewing of Springville, Tennessee USA on 10/14/2008
Journal Entry 1 by wingbookstogivewing from Springville, Tennessee USA on Tuesday, October 14, 2008
to be released soon into the wild

Journal Entry 2 by wingbookstogivewing at Arcadia, California USA on Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Released 15 yrs ago (10/14/2008 UTC) at Arcadia, California USA

Released as a rabck to the winner of Plum-crazy's Haloween Drawing-Congrats to the winner!!

To the lucky finder of this book...
Thank you for taking the time to visit us at Bookcrossing.
If this is your first visit to our site...welcome!
In finding this book you have not only caught yourself a book to read, but a whole community of book lovers to share your love of books with. I hope that you will take time to do a journal entry on the book as to let me know that it was found. Feel free to read and keep this book, give it to a friend or release it into "the wild" for another to find like you did. If you do choose to join, I hope you'll consider using me, svoight, as your referring member.
I'm sure you'll find it fun!
All over the world people are following the journey of their books through BookCrossing, by making an entry you will be helping keep this book's unique history up-to-date. You can make your first journal entry about this book now! Just tell us where you found it...don't worry about giving your name, you can remain ANONYMOUS if you wish!

Journal Entry 3 by Oak-MediaCenter from Temple City, California USA on Thursday, October 23, 2008
Thank you for the great book. I can't wait to read it!! When I am done I will make it available to other bookcrossers. Happy Halloween :)

Journal Entry 4 by Oak-MediaCenter at Bardstown, Kentucky USA on Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Released 15 yrs ago (1/13/2009 UTC) at Bardstown, Kentucky USA

You have been selected for a random RABCK. This book was on your wish list. I hope you enjoy it. Please make a journal entry for it. When you are finished it would be great if you would pass it on to someone else :)

Journal Entry 5 by Lobodyke from Bardstown, Kentucky USA on Saturday, January 24, 2009
I am very excited to have received this book as a RABCK! I've wanted to read it for a long time, as I've read all of Sara Paretsky's mysteries, and am anxious to see what her writing will be like in this genre. I actually received it 4 days ago, so I apologize for taking so long to get it registered. I'm planning to start reading it today :)

Journal Entry 6 by Lobodyke from Bardstown, Kentucky USA on Monday, March 2, 2009
Ooops! I just realized I forgot to journal this after I finished reading the book, so here it is :)

I loved this book and read it in one evening (actually the evening 'til about 3 am) and another day. I was pleased that Paretsky managed to pull off a completely different kind of novel than her norm, and about the only thing I found similar was the intensity of the plot (which is not a bad thing). Each of the characters, in and of themselves, was well-developed, multi-layered, and vivid. My only minor criticism was that I occasionally found the scenes with Luisa to be rather annoying and a little long. Other than that, great book and I hope Paretsky continues to branch out in her literary style.

Released 15 yrs ago (3/20/2009 UTC) at Heine Brothers -- Bardstown Rd at Douglas Loop in Louisville, Kentucky USA

If you have found this book, and have never heard of BookCrossing, welcome! We are readers all over the world who not only love to read, but enjoy passing our books on to others. The books are completely free and you can join anonymously if you'd prefer. If you decide to join, please list me "lobodyke" as your referring member, and enjoy!

Journal Entry 8 by 60srefugee from Louisville, Kentucky USA on Monday, June 8, 2009
Found this book at Heine Bros/Douglas Loop. Parts of this story are extremely well written, I feel the ending could have been stronger. Interesting format includes third party narration with sections of journal/blog by one of the protagonists. Give it a read!!!!

Released 14 yrs ago (6/13/2009 UTC) at Heine Brothers -- Bardstown Rd at Douglas Loop in Louisville, Kentucky USA

released in their bookshelf on 6/13/09 around noon. good hunting~!