~ At Risk

by Alice Hoffman | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingcestmoiwing of Hamilton, Ontario Canada on 3/15/2003
Journal Entry 1 by wingcestmoiwing from Hamilton, Ontario Canada on Saturday, March 15, 2003
I have already read this book and enjoyed it..and passed it on to MissQ. I picked up this copy for JuneBug31 while PoohBear3 and I were on our book shopping jaunt across Toronto.

Enjoy

Journal Entry 2 by JuneBug31 from Omemee, Ontario Canada on Friday, April 11, 2003
Received in the mail today from my good buddy cestmoi. I'm anxious to read it!

Thanks, I appreciate it!! :o)

Journal Entry 3 by JuneBug31 from Omemee, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, April 29, 2003
A very moving story about an average family. Polly is a photographer who is photographing a "medium" while she conducts her "seances", her husband Ivan is an astronomer. Charlie their 8 year old son is enamoured with bugs and insects and has a growing menagery of critters in the basement. Charlie's interest and knowledge of dinosaurs is unlike that of other children his age. Amanda, the daughter is an 11 year old gymnast who's life revolves around the sport. Often winning competitions and the object of much jealousy of both her friends and other competitors to the sport. A sudden tragedy turns this family upside down when Amanda becomes terminally ill. This tragedy consumes Amanda's entire world and that of her family. This is a wrenching and compassionate look at how this family survives such tragedy.

I love the last line on the bookcover that says "When it comes to love, we are all....
AT RISK"!!

Thanks cestmoi, this was a good one!! :o)

Journal Entry 4 by JuneBug31 from Omemee, Ontario Canada on Thursday, April 8, 2004
I'm mailing this wonderful novel off to vhackett in New Brunswick tomorrow morning as part of a trade.

Hope you enjoy it!! :o)

Journal Entry 5 by vhackett from Fredericton, New Brunswick Canada on Monday, April 19, 2004
Received in a trade with JuneBug31 - looks like it will be a good read.