The Scarlet Letter

by Nathanial Hawthorne | Graphic Novels | This book has not been rated.
Registered by mrsordonez of Fenton, Missouri USA on 3/13/2003
Journal Entry 1 by mrsordonez from Fenton, Missouri USA on Thursday, March 13, 2003
I have another version of this book registered, so click here for a review.

Journal Entry 2 by mrsordonez at -- Wild Released In St Louis, See Notes in St. Louis, Missouri USA on Saturday, April 19, 2003
Released on Saturday, April 19, 2003 at Controlled Release in St. Louis County, Missouri USA.

This book is going into my birthday bookbox. I chose it because I remember identifying with the protagonist's ostrization. (Is that a word?) I was alienated and alone for most of my high school existance due to my unique understanding of the world. I, myself, am not an adulteress, but I did have my first child out of wedlock at age 18, so I can certainly understand the social criticism. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by txcajun from Carrollton, Texas USA on Sunday, August 3, 2003
Removed from birthday bookbox. This is a classic I think it's about time I reread. I'm not sure I caught all of the themes as I struggled through it several times in school. Now It will be good to just read it for pleasure.