My Fair Lady

by Monica Dickens | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by mrsordonez of Fenton, Missouri USA on 2/25/2003
Journal Entry 1 by mrsordonez from Fenton, Missouri USA on Tuesday, February 25, 2003
This is a novelization of the play. It is not Pygmalion by Shaw. It comes from Scholastic, so I'm sure it would be appropriate for teenage readers as well as adults. I loved the play, and even had a part as "flower girl" in a community production when I was younger. Who can resist Audrey Hepburn in the movie? Happy reading to the next owner!

Released on Friday, April 18, 2003 at Controlled Release in St. Louis County, Missouri USA.

This book is going into my birthday bookbox. I chose this book because I was in a playhouse production of My Fair Lady as an extra (a flower girl). I had no speaking lines as a member of the chorus, but I loved every minute of it. I even got to learn how to box-step. A girl I idolized landed the part of Eliza. (It was a children's play, and she was a fifth-grader, while I was only in third or fourth at the time). Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by txcajun from Carrollton, Texas USA on Sunday, August 3, 2003
Removed from the birthday bookbox. My daughter (22) chose this one in memory of her days a few years back on the stage crew of her high school's production of this play.