First Born, The

by Kathleen Brown | Biographies & Memoirs |
Registered by Watchcat of Nutley, New Jersey USA on 2/8/2003
Journal Entry 1 by Watchcat from Nutley, New Jersey USA on Saturday, February 8, 2003
Charming little Australian-published autobiography that I will be sending off Down Under.

Journal Entry 2 by Blue183 from Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Sunday, February 16, 2003
Received today as a "bonus" from Watchcat, thanks I will probably read then release it.

Journal Entry 3 by Blue183 from Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Wednesday, March 12, 2003
Quite enjoyed this book, short and easy to read. Hope to be able to send it to somewhere else in NZ, so it can continue it's journey.

Journal Entry 4 by Blue183 at on Friday, April 4, 2003
Released on Friday, April 04, 2003 at NZ post in via mail, Sent to a bookcrosser New Zealand.

Sent today to Mothercat, hope you enjoy the book :)

Journal Entry 5 by Mothercat from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Monday, April 7, 2003
Received this book in the mail from BookCrosser blue183, after she offered it on the forum. It's a very quick read (took me about an hour), and an interesting story - not great literature, but with a charming simplicity and directness, not to mention a wry humour. Here's the blurb from the back cover, to give you some idea:

"The life story of an ordinary woman born in 1913. Hers is a simple story, beatifully told, with a gentle touch of humour. Brought up by foster parents in Sydney, she takes a job as a nurse in the country and meets Harry, a horse breaker. They marry and settle down to run a property and raise a fine family. The extraordinary thing about her story is that it is 57 years before she meets her real mother and sister in New Zealand."

I shall take it along to the Meetup tonight - thanks, blue183, enjoyed getting it and reading it: it provided a little light relief from the Stephen King book I'm in the middle of at present!

Released on Thursday, December 16, 2004 at about 6:00:00 PM BX time (GMT-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada) at Blue Star Taxi Lichfield St in Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand.

My sons will be taking me to lunch today,this book I enjoyed.Could not believe a mother could totally ignore her own child.

Released on Thursday, December 16, 2004 at about 6:00:00 PM BX time (GMT-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada) at Trattorie in Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand.

Journal Entry 8 by rozyglow from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Friday, February 4, 2005
much enjoyed story of a good womans life love the tales of the out back enjoyed the humour written