In a Strange City

by Laura Lippman | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by deborahj of Tumwater, Washington USA on 5/6/2007
Journal Entry 1 by deborahj from Tumwater, Washington USA on Sunday, May 6, 2007
Just finished this in the wee hours of the morning. I'm not sure if it was just my fuzzy head at that hour or not, but I didn't find the ending as satisfying as I have previous Lippman novels; it was sort of like, time to wrap this up, folks. I am going to deliver it to a local antique mall where one of the sellers and I found we shared a common childhood interest in Nancy Drew. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 2 by deborahj from Tumwater, Washington USA on Sunday, May 6, 2007
Doggone it! I forgot to enter the excerpt:
Why had he been at Poe's grave? The Beacon-Light, lacking explanations, offered up Poe-ish quotations about loneliness and solitude and midnights dreary. Former co-workers weighed in with the usual noninformation: "quiet guy," "kept to himself," "dependable." Just once, Tess would like to read a story where someone said, "He was a jerk, and we're not the least bit surprised someone finally offed him."

Journal Entry 3 by deborahj at Finders Keepers Antique Mall in Olympia, Washington USA on Sunday, May 6, 2007

Released 16 yrs ago (5/6/2007 UTC) at Finders Keepers Antique Mall in Olympia, Washington USA

Left with the front desk for seller #14.