Resenting the Hero

by Moira J. Moore | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by bc-del-20080219 on 12/31/2006
Journal Entry 1 by bc-del-20080219 on Sunday, December 31, 2006
Synopsis

"In a realm beset by natural disasters, only the magical abilities of the bonded Pairs - Source and Shield - make the land habitable and keep the citienry safe. The ties that bind them are far beyond the relationships between lovers or kin -- and last their entire lives... Whether they like it or not. Since she was a child, Dunleavy Mallorough has been nurturing her talents as a Shield, preparing for her day of bonding. Unfortunately, fate decrees Lee's partner to be the legendary, handsom, and unbearably self-assured Lord Shintaro Karish. Sure, he cuts a fine figure with his arocratic airs and undeniable courage. But Karish's popularity and notoriety -- in bed and out -- make him the last Source Lee ever wanted to be stuck with. The duo is assingned to High Scape, a city so besieged by disaster that seven bonded Pairs are needed to combat it. But when an inexplicable force strikes down every other Source and Shield, Karish and Lee must put aside their differences in order to defeat something even more unnatural than their reluctant affections for each other..."

Journal Entry 2 by bc-del-20080219 on Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Book Ring

I'm cutting all of my rings and rays short because I plan on deleting my BXing shelf. My appologies for any problems.

Participants:

Released 17 yrs ago (1/17/2007 UTC) at Controlled Release in Controlled Release, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

Sent to Kyrissaean to kick off this ring!

Journal Entry 4 by Kyrissaean from Littleton, New Hampshire USA on Thursday, January 25, 2007
It's here, and looks really cute! I've got one ring here in front of this one and then I'll jump right in! :)

Journal Entry 5 by Kyrissaean from Littleton, New Hampshire USA on Saturday, February 17, 2007
Yup, this was indeed cute! Once I finally had a moment to sit down and do some reading I sailed right through. I liked the main characters, and I like that they are strongly their own people -- that really improved the book a lot. You get a strong sense of who they are, how they speak -- even how they move. The author uses descriptions that convey information in a fun way without bogging down the narrative, and was able to keep the storyline fast and interesting even when a few of the plot points were a little cliche.

Good story! And now to jump right into the sequel....

Journal Entry 6 by Kyrissaean from Littleton, New Hampshire USA on Wednesday, February 28, 2007
This is heading out to explorer1118m by media mail in the morning! Thanks for including me in this ring, and happy reading everybody!

Journal Entry 7 by explorer1118m from Atlantic Highlands, New Jersey USA on Saturday, March 3, 2007
I've recieved both books today and find myself wishing i wasn't already in the middle of another. They look good and i like what i've heard about them. I hope to get started on them soon and plan to get them back out by the end of the week.

Journal Entry 8 by explorer1118m from Atlantic Highlands, New Jersey USA on Saturday, March 10, 2007
This book and The Hero Strikes Back were sent out Thursday by media mail. I liked this book & read it within a day. The characters are believable & though i was able to guess a good amount of the end it was enjoyable. Thanks for the bookring.

Journal Entry 9 by KnightsLady from Ellensburg, Washington USA on Friday, March 23, 2007
This was the best book ever. One of my favorites.

Released 17 yrs ago (3/31/2007 UTC) at Controlled Release in Controlled Release, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

Shipped to NeedSun (Canada / int'l)
Should be there in ten days as It was mailed air mail.

Journal Entry 11 by NeedSun from Perth Road, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, April 10, 2007
This arrived today! Thanks very much, I will be able to read it very soon.

Journal Entry 12 by NeedSun from Perth Road, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, April 25, 2007
This book was much better than I expected. Thanks very much for letting me join the bookring. I'll get it into the mail very soon.

Edit April 30: Sent by air today to wyvernfriend along with The Hero Strikes back

Journal Entry 13 by wyvernfriend from Lucan, Co. Dublin Ireland on Thursday, May 3, 2007
arrived today, looking forward to it.

Journal Entry 14 by wyvernfriend from Lucan, Co. Dublin Ireland on Tuesday, May 8, 2007
Lord Shintaro Karish is a hunk, a member of the aristocracy and a very powerful source. In fact he's powerful enough to be a major force in the future of this planet. Dunleavy Mallorough is a shield, she's what enables sources to function without burning up, but they have lesser station than the sources. In fact they get to do the grunt work while the sources get the kudos.

It's interesting and fun and the strain between these two while they take their misconceptions and try to come to some sort of working relationship is fun and interesting.

Journal Entry 15 by joasik from Amsterdam, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Sunday, June 24, 2007
Got it, thanks!

Journal Entry 16 by joasik at on Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Released 16 yrs ago (3/11/2008 UTC) at

Sent it back yesterday. Sorry for a delay!