Year of Wonder

by Geraldine Brooks | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by paradise3691 of Barnstaple, Devon United Kingdom on 6/2/2006
Journal Entry 1 by paradise3691 from Barnstaple, Devon United Kingdom on Friday, June 2, 2006
Really brought to life peopel coping with the aftermath of the plague

Journal Entry 2 by Nipig on Thursday, June 22, 2006
I found this book on the train on my way to work last week. I left it on the train this morning on my way to work again. I really enjoyed readng it despite it's rather gruesome subject material - the plague. It was well written with sypathetic characters and a good way to learn about this time in history.

Journal Entry 3 by Rod-M from Paignton, Devon United Kingdom on Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Excellent book, my introduction to bookcrossing, I will join and pass on my books in a similar manner. This book, Year of Wonders, was passed to me in January/February 2008 in Paignton, Devon, UK by a family member who found it on a local train some time ago. The book, slightly dog eared by now, has been circulated through several people in Plymouth, Devon before I received it. It will accompany us on an imminent planned holiday in Turkey so that my wife has a some quality reading matter and I anticipate that it will be left on yet another train seat in June or July 2008.

Journal Entry 4 by rc13dcvfd from Dale City, Virginia USA on Saturday, October 4, 2008
A very colorful read. It was almost like being there.

CAUGHT IN DALE CITY VIRGINIA USA