The Murder Room : A Novel (Vintage)

by P.D. James | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by ID20080001 on 8/10/2005
Journal Entry 1 by ID20080001 on Wednesday, August 10, 2005
Neither the mystery nor the detective present James's followers with anything truly new in her latest Adam Dalgliesh novel (after 2001's Death in Holy Orders), which opens, like other recent books in the series, with an extended portrayal of an aging institution whose survival is threatened by one person, who rapidly becomes the focus of resentment and hostility. Neville Dupayne, a trustee of the Dupayne Museum, a small, private institution devoted to England between the world wars, plans to veto its continuing operation. After many pages of background on the museum's employees, volunteers and others who would be affected by the trustee's unpopular decision, Neville meets his end in a manner paralleling a notorious historical murder exhibited in the museum's "Murder Room." MI5's interest in one of the people connected with the crime leads to Commander Dalgleish and his team taking on the case. While a romance develops between the commander, who's even more understated than usual, and Emma Lavenham.

Journal Entry 2 by ID20080001 on Thursday, October 6, 2005
I enjoyed the book up until the conclusion. There was little mention of the person who was the murderer thruout the book. The book was disappointing.

Sending on to Doveilibra in the morning.

Journal Entry 3 by wingDove-i-Libriwing from Cape Coral, Florida USA on Tuesday, October 11, 2005
Thank you so much! I'm confused, though! Was I supposed to send you something in trade or postage for this book???? Was it supposed to be a Book Ring or a Ray??? Is this a RABCK???
Place Your Pin On My GUEST MAP! Click Here!

Added Oct 15th Wow! It really *IS* a RABCK for ME! (I'm really enjoying this!) After all the excitement about receiving the RABCK, though, I must tell you that this book is going onto a HUGE "To Be Read" Mountain, oh, I mean pile! So, it may be QUITE a while til I get to it. But, PLEASE be assured that I will definately read it, and when I do, I'll journal it and pass it along to someone else, with the true Book-Crossing spirit!!!! Thank you again!

Journal Entry 4 by wingDove-i-Libriwing from Cape Coral, Florida USA on Saturday, December 2, 2006
Right at the tippy top of MOUNT TO BE READ, and planning an International Book Ray when I'm done!

Book Ray Participants:
BestFriends, France (Local Shipping Pref)
Chich, France (No Shipping Pref)
Darjeeling, Portugal (No Shipping Pref) It's here!
Bookworm-Lady, Spain (Europe Shipping Pref)
NuriaYasmin, Germany ( Will Ship Anywhere!)
BabsDotter, USA (US shipping pref)
Rrrcaron, New Hampshire (No Shipping Pref)

Released 17 yrs ago (12/20/2006 UTC) at -- By Hand Or Post, Ray/Ring, RABCK, Meet-Up in Fort Myers, Florida USA

"Festivus for the Rest of Us" challenge! Book ray started by sending this book to BestFriends in France. Happy Traveling, book!

Journal Entry 6 by chich from Ibiza - Sant Antoni de Portmany, Illes Balears/Islas Baleares Spain on Monday, February 12, 2007
Image hosting by Photobucket Book received today, thanks DoveiLibri (and thanks for the lovely stickers)!

Receiving this book was a bit unexpected since Bestfriends was #1 on the list but it's all for the best since she's already read it:)

I'll finish the book I'm reading right now and will get right on to this one.

Journal Entry 7 by chich from Ibiza - Sant Antoni de Portmany, Illes Balears/Islas Baleares Spain on Monday, February 26, 2007
Much like pjmom8025, I enjoyed the book up until the very abrupt conclusion. It just felt like some chapters were missing and the ending was pretty much superficial. A lot of questions were left unanswered, especially about the murderer, who was seldom mentioned throughout the book.

The book is all packed and ready to go, I'm only waiting for darjeeling to confirm his address before I send it along:)

Thanks for sharing DoveiLibri!

Journal Entry 8 by chich from Ibiza - Sant Antoni de Portmany, Illes Balears/Islas Baleares Spain on Wednesday, February 28, 2007
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Book sent to Darjeeling today, enjoy!

Journal Entry 9 by chich from Ibiza - Sant Antoni de Portmany, Illes Balears/Islas Baleares Spain on Friday, June 8, 2007
Fear not for the book is not lost after all!! It mysteriously found its way back to my mailbox this morning!! I've PMed Darjeeling so that he would confirm his address and will send him the book ASAP:)

Journal Entry 10 by chich from Ibiza - Sant Antoni de Portmany, Illes Balears/Islas Baleares Spain on Monday, June 11, 2007
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here we go again! Darjeeling confirmed that I had the right address for him but he gave me an alternate one just to be sure the book would get to him:) I'm keeping my fingers crossed:-))

Journal Entry 11 by darjeeling on Sunday, July 1, 2007
With me now, thank you chich and Doveilibri!