Tears of the Giraffe (No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency S.)

by Alexander McCall Smith | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by AngelChild of Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on 5/9/2005
Journal Entry 1 by AngelChild from Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Monday, May 9, 2005
Edinburgh Review
This is a superior piece of detective fiction, written in simple, direct but effective prose.

John Leland, Femaledetective.com
Where 'The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency' was brilliant, 'Tears of the Giraffe', the second in the series is sublime.

Will probably find a home for this one rather than reading it....

Journal Entry 2 by AngelChild at Bookbox in Book Box, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Released 19 yrs ago (5/10/2005 UTC) at Bookbox in Book Box, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

This book is going into a box and travelling up to LyzzyBee in Birmingham for her OBCZ :o)

Journal Entry 3 by LyzzyBee from Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Sunday, May 29, 2005
From the boxes of books CaffCaff kindly brought over for me.

This will be released in Moseley, either on our stall at the Mozfest street fair on June 18 or during Mozfest week.

Journal Entry 4 by LyzzyBee at on Sunday, June 12, 2005

Released 19 yrs ago (6/18/2005 UTC) at

At the Mozfest Street Fair - our stall will be just outside the Fighting Cocks and we will be giving away books!

There's only one condition - if you take a book, then you must pass it on once you've read it. If you *have* to keep the book, then pass another one on in its place. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 5 by elmfield from Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 31, 2005
Picked it up on Bookcrossing stall at Mozfest (Moseley Festival)in July. Held on to it till I'd read the first one in the series and then took it on camping holiday in Scotland. Enjoyable read but wish the books were longer. Released it back into the wild in a bus-shelter in Gairloch, Wester Ross. Looked a few hours later and it had gone! Really excited as it was my first release! I'm about to look through my bookshelves and see what other books I could release and am encouraging my 13yr old daughter to do the same.

Journal Entry 6 by flyfishergirl from Ripon, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, September 4, 2005
I was on my annual camping trip to Gairloch and a week before had read about Bookcrossing.com. As an avid reader I thought I'd check out the site on my return home but saw this book sitting in the bus shelter and nearly flipped when I realised what I'd found! I really never thought I'd find a book. I am reading it now and enjoying it as it's not a book I would have gone for normally. When I've finished it I will release it and probably send out a few of my own.