In a Strange City

by Laura Lippman | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by alrescate of Strafford, Missouri USA on 4/19/2005
Journal Entry 1 by alrescate from Strafford, Missouri USA on Tuesday, April 19, 2005
I purchased this at Merlin's Books (2714 S. Glenstone) to release.

This is a Tess Monahan mystery. I haven't ever read any of Lippman's work before. I have to say I enjoyed this book and I will look for more books by her. This story kept my interest and I was surprised by the resolution. (I didn't see it coming!) I also like the fact that Tess is a dog lover. ;-)

As this story revolves around the 'Poe Toaster' it would be nice to see it end up in Baltimore one day.

From the flap:
It is a treasured Charm City tradition. Every year on Edgar Allan Poe's birthday a figure wrapped in a dark cloak visits the renowned author's Baltimore gravesite and leaves behind three roses and half a bottle of cognac. No Baltimorean worth his or her salt would ever dream of trying to determine the true identity of the "Poe Toaster," thereby possibly destroying a cherished ritual. That's why Tess Monaghan refuses to help the odd, piglike man who wants to hire her to unmask the Visitor, who the Porcine One claims has deceived and cheated him.

Journal Entry 2 by alrescate at McDaniel Park At National /Sunset in Springfield, Missouri USA on Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Released 18 yrs ago (5/17/2005 UTC) at McDaniel Park At National /Sunset in Springfield, Missouri USA

I went to check out Markmrf's releases at the park and I just couldn't help but add a couple of mine to the box. It was such a lovely day there were several people out so I hope someone finds and enjoys this. I left it on the bench near the playground equipment.

Congratulations on catching this terrific book. I hope you enjoy it. When you finish this book, please pass journal again and share what you thought about the book. Then, please pass it along for somebody else to read. You could give it to a friend or leave it someplace, like a school, restaurant or wherever you think it might find a reader who'll love it! It would be great if you'd join. Then you could track where your books go. If you do want to join, I'd love it if you would use ALRESCATE- - that's me-- as the name of the person who referred you.