Winter Story (Brambly Hedge)

by Jill Barklem | Children's Books |
Registered by winggorydetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 3/1/2005
Journal Entry 1 by winggorydetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Tuesday, March 1, 2005
This little hardcover is another of my finds from the swap shop of Nashua's Four Hills landfill/recycle center. Lots of lovely illustrations, snowy-winter imagery, and cute little mice and other critters - a sweet little book. [It has apparently been well-loved in its day, as the front flyleaf, which bears the inscription "Christmas 1987 - To Allison, Lots of love, Nana & Grampy," also bears some scribbled-ink artwork and what appear to be experiments with scissors {grin}. But the rest of the book is intact, so I'll pass it along.]

Journal Entry 2 by winggorydetailswing at Milford Oval in Milford, New Hampshire USA on Wednesday, March 2, 2005

Released 19 yrs ago (3/2/2005 UTC) at Milford Oval in Milford, New Hampshire USA

I left the book propped on the steps of the gazebo in the Oval at about 2:45. Hope somebody finds it before the wind blows it into the snow!

Journal Entry 3 by Jeep-Chick from New Boston, New Hampshire USA on Friday, March 4, 2005
I found this book on my lunch hour, as I work nearby. It had been blown off the step, but managed to land under the steps, unharmed by the snow. It's a lovely little story book that I can't wait to read to my youngest for a bedtime story tonight. Thanks!