Poets Against the War

Registered by editorgrrl of New Haven, Connecticut USA on 12/2/2004
Journal Entry 1 by editorgrrl from New Haven, Connecticut USA on Thursday, December 2, 2004
2003 trade paperback. Edited by Sam Hamill.

From the publisher
Led by poet Sam Hamill, February 12, 2003, became a day of Poetry Against the War as more than 160 public readings were staged around the world, including outside the White House gates. Since then, 11,000 poets have joined this grassroots peace movement by submitting poems and statements to poetsagainstthewar.org, registering their opposition to the Bush administration's headlong plunge toward war in Iraq. Poets Against the War features a selection of the best poems that were submitted to the website. Contributors include: Adrienne Rich, W. S. Merwin, Galway Kinnell, Robert Bly, Marilyn Hacker, Grace Schulman, Shirley Kaufman, Wanda Coleman, Yusef Komunyakaa, Hayden Carruth, Jane Hirshfield, Tess Gallagher, Sandra Cisneros, former Poet Laureate Rita Dove, and many others.

Journal Entry 2 by editorgrrl at Media Mail in BookRelay.Com, Bookrelay -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, December 7, 2004
Mailed to Geegal in Hamburg, Germany for the *STARBUCKS Relay* Bookrelay.

Journal Entry 3 by Geegal on Friday, January 21, 2005
A very interesting and even moving collection. I especially Rita Dove's and Ursula K. Le Guin's contributions, two of the very prominant poets of this book.
Thank you so much for sharing!

Released 17 yrs ago (8/23/2006 UTC) at To A Fellow BookCrosser in Post office, By Mail/Post/Courier -- Controlled Releases

Thanks for the swap!

Journal Entry 5 by AngelChild from Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Monday, September 4, 2006
Ooooo...thank you soooo much Geegal :o)

I am a bad BCer :o( Your swap is still sitting here on my desk... Its all in its envelope and everything, i just havent had chance to go to the post office. Will make sure it gets posted tomorrow morning i promise :o)

Thanks again....adding this one to mount toobie :o)

Journal Entry 6 by AngelChild from Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Wednesday, November 15, 2006
OMG!!!! I am an even worse BCer than i thought....was this really in August? I still have your books hon, sitting here in a box along with a dozen other packages that havent made it to the post office.... I hang my head in shame and will make sure that it goes off to you this week.

I'm not too sure about this book.... I found it a bit melancholy, which, ok, i know is the point....but in my current frame of mind it all got a bit too much.....

Thank you for sharing, i will make sure it gets a new home soon :o)

Journal Entry 7 by MrsDanvers from Aldeburgh, Suffolk United Kingdom on Wednesday, January 3, 2007
Received from caffcaff via a Virtual Poetry Bookbox.
A quick flick through shows some very powerful material; powerful enough to match the Great War poets.

Journal Entry 8 by abitstormyout at Ely, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom on Friday, April 29, 2022
Passed to me by Scatz, on behalf of MrsDanvers.