Charlotte's Web

by E B White | Children's Books |
ISBN: 059030271x Global Overview for this book
Registered by jaenelle of Orlando, Florida USA on 10/13/2004
Journal Entry 1 by jaenelle from Orlando, Florida USA on Wednesday, October 13, 2004
One of my childhood favorites that has held its appeal for me!

Journal Entry 2 by jaenelle at US Post Office in Alta Vista, Kansas USA on Monday, January 3, 2005
Released on Monday, January 03, 2005 at about 6:00:00 PM BX time (GMT-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada) at US Post Office in Alta Vista, Kansas USA.

Into my Anything Goes Bookbox, to mysterymish first.

Journal Entry 3 by MysteryMish from Santa Monica , California USA on Friday, February 4, 2005
Got this in a bookbox from jaenelle. Looking forward to deciding which to keep and which to send along.

Journal Entry 4 by MysteryMish from Santa Monica , California USA on Sunday, February 6, 2005
This is the first time I've ever read this, even though I know it's a classic. I can see why it's stood the test of time. It is a really great story with several meaningful themes - friendship, teamwork, hope, courage, openmindedness, etc. I like that it tells the story in a simple way without being too babyish. This was a quick read, and I figured I could read it and send it along in jaenelle's book box (where I got it) without stalling the box.

Journal Entry 5 by MysteryMish from Santa Monica , California USA on Sunday, February 20, 2005
Sending this book along in jaenelle's anything goes bookbox to smhamn in Ohio.

Journal Entry 6 by smhamn from Cincinnati, Ohio USA on Saturday, March 5, 2005
I loved this book!! I read it many years ago! Caught in jaenelle's anything goes bookbox!

Released 19 yrs ago (3/9/2005 UTC) at Controlled Release in A BookCrosser, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

Returning to the box and sending to innae! Enjoy!!

Journal Entry 8 by winginnaewing from Aurora, Colorado USA on Saturday, March 19, 2005
Taking for myself from jaenelle's "anything goes" bookbox

I loved this story when I was younger,,,and I figured its about time to read it again!

Journal Entry 9 by winginnaewing from Aurora, Colorado USA on Tuesday, February 9, 2010
First I apologize for keeping this book so long...but I did finally read it, again. I remember just loving this story, and crying quite hard -- I didn't cry so much this time, but I got a little misty. It is still a good story, and fun to read.

Journal Entry 10 by winginnaewing from Aurora, Colorado USA on Thursday, February 11, 2010
Going into my first lines bookbox, assuming I can get some participants :-)

Journal Entry 11 by winginnaewing at Aurora, Colorado USA on Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Came home in my First Lines bookbox :(, will try to find a good home for it. I guess the first line wasn't quite intriguing enough :-).

Journal Entry 12 by winginnaewing at Festus, Missouri USA on Saturday, August 13, 2011

Released 12 yrs ago (8/13/2011 UTC) at Festus, Missouri USA

Headed off to Skylerdragon as a ride a long with A Wrinkle in Time

Journal Entry 13 by Skylerdragon at Parkville, Missouri USA on Sunday, August 28, 2011
This is one of the best kids books ever published. My teacher read it to us in 2nd grade. It still charms me now as it did then.

Fern's heart figuratively explodes when she finds a runt in a litter of pigs rejected by its sow. Instead of letting her daddy kill it to put it out of its misery, Fern promises to raise it and care for it on her own. Wilbur, the pig Fern loves, becomes quite a celebrity when he befriends an intelligent spider with an ulterior motive. Nothing can stop Wilbur from being sold at the county fair, except a littl ebit of magic. Charlotte, the spider, provides that.

Of course the magic really comes from E. B. White who not only created Charlottes Web, but also Stuart Little, and several other fantastic kids books. This one is legendary in its popularity though, and still sparks the imaginations of readers and teachers around the world. It turns out that stories about pigs really can be a good thing.

I will add this to my classroom collection for struggling readers.

Released 7 yrs ago (7/8/2016 UTC) at St. Louis County Library - Daniel Boone Branch in Ellisville, Missouri USA

This one is easy to spot where I placed it.