Strange Sally Diamond

by Liz Nugent | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 9780241993576 Global Overview for this book
Registered by Toni-Louisa of Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on 6/15/2024
Journal Entry 1 by Toni-Louisa from Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Saturday, June 15, 2024
Sally Diamond cannot understand why what she did was so strange. She was only doing what her father told her to do, to put him out with the rubbish when he died.

Now Sally is the centre of attention a​nd begins a journey to discover the horrors of her childhood and understand what makes her who she is.

​Reading this book really brought it home to me how the actions of one person can impact many over generations and it did keep me turning the pages but I did not find the subject matter of kidnapping, paedophilia, misogyny and violence (none of which is mentioned in the blurb about the book), an easy one and would have given it a miss if I had known this beforehand.

Journal Entry 2 by Toni-Louisa at Somewhere in Chester in Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Sunday, June 23, 2024

Released 1 mo ago (6/23/2024 UTC) at Somewhere in Chester in Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom

Left in the library bus shelter at Vicars Cross, Chester.