The Kingdoms: A Novel

by Natasha Pulley | Science Fiction & Fantasy | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 5/26/2024
Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Sunday, May 26, 2024
I got this hardcover from local independent bookstore Balin Books. It's an alternate-history novel in which the French won the Battle of Trafalgar - and where the protagonist struggles with his own amnesia, assorted strange clues about his past, and the realization that small changes in the past can create a very different future. (The setup reminded me a bit of Connie Willis' "Fire Watch" 'verse, where academics use time-travel technology to study earlier time periods - but always under very strict guidelines lest they inadvertently mess with the timeline. The tone's quite different than in this novel, though.)

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at LFL - Redwood Rd (#9) in Salem, New Hampshire USA on Monday, May 27, 2024

Released 3 wks ago (5/27/2024 UTC) at LFL - Redwood Rd (#9) in Salem, New Hampshire USA

I left this book in this charming, new-to-me panda-decorated Little Free Library; hope someone enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in NH here.]

Released for: