The Dark Remains

by William McIlvanney and Ian Rankin | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by FreeRangeHuman of Ripon, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on 5/25/2024
Journal Entry 1 by FreeRangeHuman from Ripon, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, May 25, 2024
Registered for someone else as they were struggling to do it...

Journal Entry 2 by FreeRangeHuman at Helmsdale, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, May 25, 2024

Released 4 wks ago (5/25/2024 UTC) at Helmsdale, Scotland United Kingdom

Passed onto my mum, so she can release it before our train leaves

Journal Entry 3 by -Hazel- at Helmsdale, Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, May 29, 2024
I bought this in a charity shop in Brora as I had read/released all the books I'd brought with me. I thought this, set in Scotland, was appropriate for a Scottish holiday, and I'd never read anything by either of these well known Scottish writers.
Gangland Glasgow is NOT my thing, so I didn't enjoy it very much, however I read it and having discovered a book swap shelf in Helmsdale Station decided to try and finish it so I could release it here. Internet/tech/forgotten passwords meant that FreeRangeHuman registered it on my behalf.

Journal Entry 4 by -Hazel- at Railway Station book exchange in Helmsdale, Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Released 4 wks ago (5/25/2024 UTC) at Railway Station book exchange in Helmsdale, Scotland United Kingdom

We had a long wait for our train, so I had plenty of time to finish reading this and choose another - A woman made of snow by Elisabeth Gifford which I enjoyed much more. 25 May not 29