The House at Bishopsgate

by Katie Hickman | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingTrojanhorsewing of Petersfield, Hampshire United Kingdom on 5/18/2024
Journal Entry 1 by wingTrojanhorsewing from Petersfield, Hampshire United Kingdom on Saturday, May 18, 2024
From the back of the book: "1611, Paul Pindar, rich merchant of the Levant Company, sets sail for England after ten years in the Orient - bringing with him his wife Celia Lamprey, and a legendary diamond. In London, Pindar immediately begins restoring his great house at Bishopsgate to its former splendour. But all is not as it seems..."

Journal Entry 2 by wingTrojanhorsewing at Petersfield, Hampshire United Kingdom on Saturday, May 18, 2024
This book is about a man and his wife returning to England and having a houseguest who isn't exactly what she seems. It was a psychological thriller and although tempting to DNF as I cared very little for the characters, it did have a bit of a twist at the end which was worth seeing it through for.

I wasn't a fan of Lady Sydenham - her and her monkey had similarities to His Dark Materials. Although, maybe if I had read the other 2 books first that may have helped but I don't think it was necessary in order to read this book.

Journal Entry 3 by wingTrojanhorsewing at Thames Path in Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Thursday, May 23, 2024

Released 1 mo ago (5/24/2024 UTC) at Thames Path in Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom

Welcome to bookcrossing!
Congratulations on finding this book. I hope you enjoy it.
Please make a journal entry so I know the book is safe with you (this can be done anonymously if you prefer) and then read and re-release the book for someone else to enjoy!
Better still join Bookcrossing (please consider using me, Trojanhorse as your referring member) then you can follow the book as it continues its travels.
Happy Reading!