A-Z for Children

by Salvador Dali | Arts & Photography |
Registered by wingKateKintailwing of Burke, Virginia USA on 5/15/2024
Journal Entry 1 by wingKateKintailwing from Burke, Virginia USA on Wednesday, May 15, 2024
I bought this book from a used book sale at a Fairfax County (Virginia) library.

Journal Entry 2 by wingKateKintailwing at Burke, Virginia USA on Sunday, June 16, 2024
I read this book last month. All I really knew about Dali's artwork were his melting clocks, and those are not shown in this book! So I did actually learn a whole lot about his paintings and some of the details I surely would never have noticed on my own.

I know this is a book for kids, but I am glad to have read it!

Journal Entry 3 by wingKateKintailwing at Alexandria, Virginia USA on Sunday, June 16, 2024

Released 3 wks ago (6/16/2024 UTC) at Alexandria, Virginia USA

Bringing this to a BCinDC meeting so it can find a new reader. Enjoy!

Welcome to BookCrossing!

I hope you enjoy the book. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 4 by wing6of8wing at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, etc, Virginia USA on Sunday, June 16, 2024
I am a sucker for alphabet books. I yoinked this book off the table and put it in my bag before I even ordered food. Already trying to determine what to do with it next.

Journal Entry 5 by wing6of8wing at Silver Spring, Maryland USA on Monday, June 17, 2024
I agree with KateKintail -- my knowledge of Dali mainly involved melting clocks. I was actually impressed at the scope of his talents. The portrait of his sister is gorgeous and the one of the bread in the basket was really solid -- the rest of them were more of his surreal stuff. I did get a little bit distracted because the text kept referring to "this exhibition" -- per the notes at the end it is from a museum exhibit in London at the Hayward Gallery in 1994. This is an excellent way to introduce children to an artist that many adults find difficult.