Bridget Jones's Diary

by Helen Fielding | Entertainment |
Registered by FreeRangeHuman of Ripon, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on 4/21/2024
Journal Entry 1 by FreeRangeHuman from Ripon, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, April 21, 2024
Meet Bridget Jones —a 30-something Singleton who is certain she would have all the answers if she could:
a. lose 7 pounds
b. stop smoking
c. develop Inner Poise

"129 lbs. (how is it possible to put on 4 pounds in the middle of the night? Could flesh have somehow solidified becoming denser and heavier? Repulsive, horrifying notion), alcohol units 4 (excellent), cigarettes 21 (poor but will give up totally tomorrow), number of correct lottery numbers 2 (better, but nevertheless useless)..."

"Bridget Jones' Diary" is the devastatingly self-aware, laugh-out-loud daily chronicle of Bridget's permanent, doomed quest for self-improvement — a year in which she resolves to: reduce the circumference of each thigh by 1.5 inches, visit the gym three times a week not just to buy a sandwich, form a functional relationship with a responsible adult - and learn to program the VCR.

Released 1 mo ago (4/21/2024 UTC) at Red Telephone Box Book Exchange☎️ in Tholthorpe, North Yorkshire United Kingdom

Me and my mum came out for a trip round several phonebox libraries to release books in honour of International BookCrossing Day. I think we released 9 books and took 4 BookCrossing books between us. We also did a short walk finding geocaches, and discovered two new to us places to leave books (a phone box library and a little free library)
I enjoyed this book, and the film is good too.