The Outsiders

by S. E. Hinton | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by FreeRangeHuman of Ripon, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on 4/21/2024
Journal Entry 1 by FreeRangeHuman from Ripon, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, April 21, 2024
The Outsiders is about two weeks in the life of a 14-year-old boy. The novel tells the story of Ponyboy Curtis and his struggles with right and wrong in a society in which he believes that he is an outsider. According to Ponyboy, there are two kinds of people in the world: greasers and socs. A soc (short for "social") has money, can get away with just about anything, and has an attitude longer than a limousine. A greaser, on the other hand, always lives on the outside and needs to watch his back. Ponyboy is a greaser, and he's always been proud of it, even willing to rumble against a gang of socs for the sake of his fellow greasers--until one terrible night when his friend Johnny kills a soc. The murder gets under Ponyboy's skin, causing his bifurcated world to crumble and teaching him that pain feels the same whether a soc or a greaser.

Released 1 mo ago (4/21/2024 UTC) at Red Telephone Box Book Exchange in Flawith, North Yorkshire United Kingdom

Me and my mum came out for a trip round several phonebox libraries to release books in honour of International BookCrossing Day. I think we released 9 books and took 4 BookCrossing books between us. We also did a short walk finding geocaches, and discovered two new to us places to leave books (a phone box library and a little free library)