The Man in the High Castle

by Philip K. Dick | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by FreeRangeHuman of Ripon, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on 4/21/2024
Journal Entry 1 by FreeRangeHuman from Ripon, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, April 21, 2024
It's America in 1962. Slavery is legal once again. The few Jews who still survive hide under assumed names. In San Francisco, the I Ching is as common as the Yellow Pages. All because some twenty years earlier the United States lost a war — and is now occupied by Nazi Germany and Japan.

This harrowing, Hugo Award-winning novel is the work that established Philip K. Dick as an innovator in science fiction while breaking the barrier between science fiction and the serious novel of ideas. In it Dick offers a haunting vision of history as a nightmare from which it may just be possible to wake.

Released 1 mo ago (4/21/2024 UTC) at Phone Box book exchange in Stillington, North Yorkshire United Kingdom

Me and my mum came out for a trip round several phonebox libraries to release books in honour of International BookCrossing Day. I think we released 9 books and took 4 BookCrossing books between us. We also did a short walk finding geocaches, and discovered two new to us places to leave books (a phone box library and a little free library)