The Literature Express

by Lasha Bugadze | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingdacejavwing of Tbilisi, Tbilisi Georgia on 4/17/2024
Journal Entry 1 by wingdacejavwing from Tbilisi, Tbilisi Georgia on Wednesday, April 17, 2024
A literary association has invited unknown and mediocre writers of various nationalities to a seminar, so the narrative follows the train as it travels through Europe. The novel describes the self-absorption of the authors and their inability to communicate with each other. They are portrayed as inward-looking and disinterested in their fellow travelers’ works. The novel speculates on the subject of literature and unsuccessful writing.

The main character of the story is a Georgian author. At the heart of the novel is a love story between him and his Polish translator’s wife. However, their romance is as unsuccessful as the protagonist’s attempts at literary success. At the end of the fascinating journey through Europe, we discover that all the authors participating in the seminar are writing their new books about the Literature Express.

The Literature Express is about literature and writers, but also subtly reflects the tragedy of a Georgian man who cannot integrate into the European society because of his mind frame.

Journal Entry 2 by wingdacejavwing at BC 2024 Convention in Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Released 1 mo ago (4/19/2024 UTC) at BC 2024 Convention in Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland

======================

DEAR FINDER,

If you have not already done so, please make a journal entry so we know this book has found a new home. You don't need to join BookCrossing and you can remain completely anonymous. However, we encourage you to join so that you can follow this book's future travels. It's fun and free, and your personal information will never be shared or sold. If you decide to join, consider listing
dacejav (or any of the other journalers) as referring you.

I hope you enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 3 by wingLivrespublicwing at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Friday, April 19, 2024
Thanks for bringing this book to Tampere.
I couldn‘t resist and I‘m looking forward to reading it.