The Water Dancer

by Ta-Nehisi Coates | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingFraukeRowing of Göteborg, Västergötland Sweden on 4/17/2024
Journal Entry 1 by wingFraukeRowing from Göteborg, Västergötland Sweden on Wednesday, April 17, 2024
I have read this book in Swedish and ordered an English copy to Bookcross. I was very impressed with this book and I enjoyed the mix of historical and mystical elements tied to slavery and the Underground Railroad. I particularly liked that despite clearly showing the suffering of black people, the book not only follows their perspective, but also clearly shows their their agency, both in relation to the cruelties of slavery, and in the active fighting against it.

Journal Entry 2 by wingFraukeRowing at BC 2024 Convention in Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Saturday, April 20, 2024

Released 1 mo ago (4/20/2024 UTC) at BC 2024 Convention in Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland

Released on day 2 of the convention - happy travels!

Journal Entry 3 by wingLotty_wing at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Saturday, April 20, 2024
I've taken this one from the Bookcrossing Convention in Tampere.

Released 3 days ago (5/17/2024 UTC) at A 2 Raststätte Bottrop Süd in -- Autobahnen/Raststätten --, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany

Fly and be free!