Confessions

by Kanae Minato | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingLeishaCamdenwing of Alna bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on 4/13/2024
Journal Entry 1 by wingLeishaCamdenwing from Alna bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on Saturday, April 13, 2024
Paperback edition from Mulholland Books. I bought this book at Tronsmo, the best bookstore in Norway (and one of the best 20 in the world according to Financial Times). I buy something there every month, I love the store and want to support it. This was an intriguing book, maybe didn't quite live up to my expectations, but it was definitely worth reading. Now it's time for it to find a new reader at this year's convention in Tampere :-)

Copied from goodreads:

Her pupils killed her daughter. Now, she will have her revenge.
After an engagement that ended in tragedy, all Yuko Moriguchi had to live for was her four-year-old child, Manami. Now, after a heartbreaking accident on the grounds of the middle school where she teaches, Yuko has given up and tendered her resignation.
But first, she has one last lecture to deliver. She tells a story that will upend everything her students ever thought they knew about two of their peers, and sets in motion a maniacal plot for revenge.
Narrated in alternating voices, with twists you'll never see coming, Confessions probes the limits of punishment, despair, and tragic love, culminating in a harrowing confrontation between teacher and student that will place the occupants of an entire school in harm's way. You'll never look at a classroom the same way again.

Journal Entry 2 by wingLeishaCamdenwing at BC 2024 Convention in Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Thursday, April 18, 2024

Released 1 mo ago (4/19/2024 UTC) at BC 2024 Convention in Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland

Part of the book buffet at the Tampere convention!

Journal Entry 3 by wingrahar109wing at Ash Vale, Surrey United Kingdom on Saturday, April 20, 2024
Picked up from the book buffet.

Journal Entry 4 by wingrahar109wing at Ash Vale, Surrey United Kingdom on Wednesday, April 24, 2024
Was going to release on the release walk, but decided to read it first, and I’m glad I did. It reminded me of Rashomon, with several people talking about a tragedy with each person’s point of view being very different to the others.

Journal Entry 5 by wingrahar109wing at Helsinki-Vantaa Airport in Vantaa, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Thursday, April 25, 2024

Released 4 wks ago (4/25/2024 UTC) at Helsinki-Vantaa Airport in Vantaa, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

At the bookshelf at the legendary Gate 12.

Hello!
And if you do choose to join, please consider using me, rahar109, as your referring member.
Happy Bookcrossing!