The Ice Palace

by Tarjei Vesaas | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingLeishaCamdenwing of Alna bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on 4/13/2024
Journal Entry 1 by wingLeishaCamdenwing from Alna bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on Saturday, April 13, 2024
Paperback edition from Penguin.

Copied from goodreads:

The schoolchildren call it the Ice Palace: a frozen waterfall in the Norwegian fjords transformed into a fantastic structure of translucent walls, sparkling towers and secret chambers. It fascinates two young girls, lonely Unn and lively Siss, who strike up an intense friendship. When Unn decides to explore the Ice Palace alone and doesn't return, Siss must try to cope with the loss of her friend without succumbing to a frozen world of her own making.

I bought this book a few days ago at Tronsmo, the best bookstore in Oslo (and one of the best 20 in the world according to Financial Times). I buy something there every month, I love them and want to support them :-) I decided on this book this month because someone who is coming to the convention in Tampere has it on their wish list, so this book will find a new reader very soon :-)

Journal Entry 2 by wingLeishaCamdenwing at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Thursday, April 18, 2024

Released 1 mo ago (4/19/2024 UTC) at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland

A RABCK for a fellow BookCrosser as part of the Tampere convention. Happy reading! 😊

Journal Entry 3 by wingechodewing at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Saturday, April 20, 2024
Thank you, LeishaCamden! I hope to make it to Tronsmo myself one of these days...