If Cats Disappeared From The World

by Genki Kawamura | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingPanzeranziwing of Göteborg, Västergötland Sweden on 4/12/2024
Journal Entry 1 by wingPanzeranziwing from Göteborg, Västergötland Sweden on Friday, April 12, 2024
"Our narrators days are numbered. Estranged from his family, living alone with only his cat Cabbage for company, he was unprepared for the doctors diagnosis that he has only months to live. But before he can set about tackling his bucket list, the Devil appears with a special offer: in exchange for making one thing in the world disappear, he can have one extra day of life. And so begins a very bizarre week . . . Because how do you decide what makes life worth living? How do you separate out what you can do without from what you hold dear? In dealing with the Devil our narrator will take himself and his beloved cat to the brink. " (bokus.com)

Journal Entry 2 by wingPanzeranziwing at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Released 1 mo ago (4/19/2024 UTC) at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland

I hope you´ll enjoy this novel. =)

Journal Entry 3 by wingjax987654321wing at Wembley, Greater London United Kingdom on Friday, April 19, 2024
Was given this with a whole pile of other goodies by my NSS in Tampere. Thank you so much. I suspect this will get read on one of my many coach journeys on my journey home from the convention

Journal Entry 4 by wingjax987654321wing at Wembley, Greater London United Kingdom on Wednesday, April 24, 2024
I really enjoyed this book. It is based in Japan, although I tended to imagine it was the UK until Japan or something related to Japanese culture was mentioned. I guess that's how our brains work. It actually could have been based in other places anyway. This is one of the books were there is a moral in the story. I did find the biblical story of God creating the world in 6 days and resting on the 7th a bit odd in a Buddhist country, however I don't know much about Buddhism, so maybe that isn't that strange.

Journal Entry 5 by wingjax987654321wing at Parc de Bercy in -Paris 12e, Ile-de-France France on Sunday, April 28, 2024

Released 3 wks ago (4/27/2024 UTC) at Parc de Bercy in -Paris 12e, Ile-de-France France

Put in the free library box in the park during a very short stop over in Paris. Book was not there a couple of hours after.