The Winter People

by Joseph Bruchac | Children's Books |
ISBN: 014240229X Global Overview for this book
Registered by eastbaybookmisr of Oakland, California USA on 4/10/2024
Journal Entry 1 by eastbaybookmisr from Oakland, California USA on Wednesday, April 10, 2024
2004 Puffin trade paperback of the 2002 tale of a young Abenaki native in 1759 when the British attack his village and kidnap his family. He sets out to track them down, and bring them back. I found this copy last week in the Lamson Little Free Library in Castro Valley.

Edit April 16, 2024: This was good, but I just skimmed to end for time. It's for younger readers and runs a bit short. I currently have this ranked at #6871 on my ranked list of best-read books lately.

Released 1 mo ago (4/16/2024 UTC) at Little Seed Library at 4064 39th Ave. in Oakland, California USA

... in the box.

Aside from loving shared books, my main passion in life is supporting the human rights work of my good friend, Anni Cyrus. đź’– đź’– Her life story of survival as a childhood refugee is astounding, and quite moving!