Erebus

by Michael Palin | Travel | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingjanna2wing of Castricum, Noord-Holland Netherlands on 4/7/2024
Journal Entry 1 by wingjanna2wing from Castricum, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Sunday, April 7, 2024
Got from a friend to cross.

Journal Entry 2 by wingjanna2wing at BC 2024 Convention in Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Sunday, April 7, 2024

Released 1 mo ago (4/20/2024 UTC) at BC 2024 Convention in Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland

This book travels with me from The Netherlands to Tampere in Finland. It hopes there will be a new reader at the BC-convention who will take it home with him of her.

Journal Entry 3 by faerie-glen at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Tuesday, April 23, 2024
I recently learned about the Franklin expedition and read/watched everything I could find, so this book will be just up my alley!

Journal Entry 4 by faerie-glen at Ulm, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Friday, May 10, 2024
Update: I'm about a third through the book and really enjoying it!
I already new a ton about the doomed Franklin expedition, but the arctic tours the ships made before that are much less documented and super fascinating. Palin is a master storyteller, too.

Update: The rest of the book was just as good. Great find, this is why I love Bookcrossing!