PostSecret - Extraordinary Confessions from Ordinary Lives

by Frank Warren | Other | This book has not been rated.
Registered by sumako of Kuopio, Pohjois-Savo / Norra Savolax Finland on 3/24/2024
Journal Entry 1 by sumako from Kuopio, Pohjois-Savo / Norra Savolax Finland on Sunday, March 24, 2024
Hardback. - ReganBooks, ©2005. - 276 pages ; 27 cm

www.amazon.com (24.3.2024):

“A fascinating public airing of private thoughts—some dark, others funny, endearing or disturbing—written on homemade postcards. . . . The range of efforts (meticulous, sloppy, artful, ponderous) will astound you.” —TIME.com

A fascinating, addictively compelling look at people’s deepest secrets, told through anonymously submitted postcards.

Frank Warren is the founder and curator of the PostSecret project. For the project, which was started in October 2004, Warren asked people to write a secret they had never told anyone on a handmade postcard and mail it to him. He then displayed selected cards—the authors are anonymous—on his website, www.postsecret.com. The response was overwhelming, and the cards are astonishing in their honesty and creativity. Each card bears an intimate, powerful, or even chilling sentiment, told through handmade illustrations, photographs, collages, and other creative means. Among the thousands of amazing cards Warren received are the following messages:

• “Sometimes when I’m having sex with my wife I’m thinking of my mom...”

• “He’s been in prison for two years because of what I did. Nine more to go...”

• “I waste office supplies because I hate my boss.”

• “I am a Southern Baptist pastor’s wife. No one knows that I do not believe in God.”

• “I have to shave my toes... (I am a woman...)”

For the book Warren has personally selected about 300 postcards that powerfully reflect the unique essence of this remarkable project.

*****
Polenka, kiitos kirjasta!

Journal Entry 2 by sumako at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Monday, April 15, 2024

Released 1 mo ago (4/18/2024 UTC) at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland

Toivelistahippakirja. Lukuiloa!

Journal Entry 3 by winglukutuoliwing at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Thursday, April 18, 2024
Annan arvoa sille, että raahasit tämän huippupainavan toivekirjani Tampereelle mukanasi! Olikin toiveissa vuodesta 2009 alkaen :) Kiitos myös miittiseurasta.