Arcadia

by Lauren Groff | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by FreeRangeHuman of Ripon, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on 3/1/2024
Journal Entry 1 by FreeRangeHuman from Ripon, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Friday, March 1, 2024
In the fields and forests of western New York State in the late 1960s, several dozen idealists set out to live off the land, founding what becomes a famous commune centered on the grounds of a decaying mansion called Arcadia House.

Arcadia follows this lyrical, rollicking, tragic, and exquisite utopian dream from its hopeful start through its heyday and after. The story is told from the point of view of Bit, a fascinating character and the first child born in Arcadia.

Released 3 mos ago (3/4/2024 UTC) at Telephone Box Library in Barton Stacey, Hampshire United Kingdom

Left on our journey back home after visiting family on the south coast. We have been here a few times before. The box was quite full, so we took a couple of books to drop off at the next phonebox we visited. I enjoyed reading this book.