Force of Nature

by Jane Harper | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingIndy2012wing of Strasbourg, Alsace France on 2/25/2024
Journal Entry 1 by wingIndy2012wing from Strasbourg, Alsace France on Sunday, February 25, 2024
Bought in Esperance, Western Australia, at the little bookshop of the historic center, during my fabulous 2024 holidays. Here's a pic of Esperance seafront and its famous whale tail. Nothing to do with the bush.
When a group of colleagues are forced to participate in a team-building exercise in the Giralang Ranges, they reluctantly start walking down the muddy track. But Alice Russell does not appear at the other end. His last phone call was to federal police agent Aaron Falk. Alice is the whistleblower in his latest corporate fraud case and as he pursues his investigations, Falk uncovers a tangled web of suspicion and betrayal. How well do we know the people we work with ?
I really appreciated this bush-diving novel. As a team-building conductor and a bush-walker myself, it sounded particular for me !

Journal Entry 2 by wingIndy2012wing at BBV des écrivains du monde, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Monday, March 25, 2024

Released 2 mos ago (3/25/2024 UTC) at BBV des écrivains du monde, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

Enjoy the outback !

Journal Entry 3 by laure69 at Paris, Ile-de-France France on Wednesday, March 27, 2024
Bien reçu, merci

Journal Entry 4 by laure69 at Paris, Ile-de-France France on Tuesday, April 2, 2024
When I think about Australie, I see a red desert with scarce vegetation, not a big green damp forest.
She's very good at writing thrillers. I couldn't leave this book alone and hold the world high-speed reading record. I liked the two intricated stories : the investigation and the hiking.

But there is something very unlikely in the plot as often when people get trapped somewhere. With everybody sueing for everything nowadays, is it really possible to drop five women in the wild without phones, not even an emergency device, and not check now and then they're where they're supposed to be ? What if someone just broke a leg ?