Dreams of My Russian Summers

by Andrei Makine | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by eastbaybookmisr of Oakland, California USA on 2/22/2024
Journal Entry 1 by eastbaybookmisr from Oakland, California USA on Thursday, February 22, 2024
1997 Arcade hardcover, with dust jacket, of the English translation by Geoffrey Strachan of the 1995 French Winner of the Goncourt Prize and Medicis Prize tale of a boy growing in the 1960s and 70s Soviet system, and his love for his elegant French grandmother in a remote dusty village, who during his summer visits reminisces about her old home of Paris at the turn of the century, and her later life brutalized in Russia. By the Siberian author who grew up on the Volga, who gained political asylum on a trip to Paris in 1987. I found this copy a couple days ago in the Midvale Little Free Library.

Edit March 2, 2024: This was good, but I just skimmed to end for time. I currently have this ranked at #816 on my ranked list of best-read books lately.

Released 1 mo ago (3/2/2024 UTC) at Little Free Library at 6109 Outlook Ave in Oakland, California USA

... in the box.