Shiver

by Maggie Stiefvater | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by wingAzukiwing of Miami, Florida USA on 2/17/2024
Journal Entry 1 by wingAzukiwing from Miami, Florida USA on Saturday, February 17, 2024
A romance between a high school girl and a werewolf. Reminds me slightly of Twilight, with the wolf having a bit of Edward added in, making him more likable than either. He writes songs about his girl too, even if they are kind of awful... Apparently a lot of people notice the similarity. Someone on GoodReads even calls this Twilight: Team Jacob Edition.

And the girl... urgh, her name may as well be Bella. Maybe I am too old I forgot how teenage girls think that the world and her life purpose revolves around a boy? Also, if the author wants the parents out of the way, just send them on the road instead of having incredible social calendar that have them partying past midnight in a tiny town.

Anyway, I did enjoy it okay. If you don't like silly teenage romance then I highly recommend you to just skip this book. I did read the whole Twilight series, so I will probably seek out the next from this too. Even if I am too old to dream about my wolf boy.

Journal Entry 2 by wingAzukiwing at BC 2024 Convention in Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Friday, April 19, 2024

Released 1 mo ago (4/20/2024 UTC) at BC 2024 Convention in Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland

What better time and place to release this book than at the BC Con at Tampere? Today's temperature is high -1C and low -6C.

Hi! How wonderful you've found one of my books! Thank you so much for checking out the journal. I would really appreciate if you can take a moment to let me know you have it now. Trust me, it'll totally make my day to hear from one of my "wild" books.

Bookcrossing is a wonderful online community of book lovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large. We are also curious to see how far and wide our books can travel. I would appreciate if you can make a journal entry on this book so we know where the book has been. You don't have to set up an account.

Feel free to keep this book, return it to where you found it, or pass it on to the next reader. If you sign up as a member, you will hear from the book as it travels and gets journaled. Feel free to explore the BookCrossing site, and visit our forum to meet other booklovers. Membership is confidential, free, and spam-free. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 3 by wingmeganhwing at BC 2024 Convention in Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Saturday, April 20, 2024

To the finder of this book -
Please let me and previous readers know it is in safe hands by journalling that you have caught it; you are under no obligation to read it.
Bookcrossing is completely free and anonymous and members have been releasing books all over the world for more than 20 years.
If you choose to become a member you will also be able to follow this book’s future story.