The Line of Beauty

by Alan Hollinghurst | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingpippiswing of Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on 2/11/2024
Journal Entry 1 by wingpippiswing from Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Sunday, February 11, 2024
In the summer of 1983, twenty-year-old Nick Guest moves into an attic room in the Notting Hill home of the Feddens: conservative Member of Parliament Gerald, his wealthy wife Rachel, and their two children, Toby-whom Nick had idolized at Oxford-and Catherine, highly critical of her family's assumptions and ambitions.

As the boom years of the eighties unfold, Nick, an innocent in the world of politics and money, finds his life altered by the rising fortunes of this glamorous family. His two vividly contrasting love affairs, one with a young black clerk and one with a Lebanese millionaire, dramatize the dangers and rewards of his own private pursuit of beauty, a pursuit as compelling to Nick as the desire for power and riches among his friends.

Journal Entry 2 by wingpippiswing at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Monday, February 12, 2024

Released 5 mos ago (2/12/2024 UTC) at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland

It's time to finally travel to a wishlist reader! Hope you enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by lunacia at Fredrikstad, Østfold fylke Norway on Thursday, February 22, 2024
Thank you for the book, Pippis! It arrived in the mail yesterday.

I must admit I had totally forgotten putting this book on my wishlist, and no bell rings when I read about it either. 😅 There probably was some reason, though... 🤔