Can You Keep a Secret?

by Sophie Kinsella | Teens |
Registered by RNAi of Fredericksburg, Virginia USA on 2/1/2024
Journal Entry 1 by RNAi from Fredericksburg, Virginia USA on Thursday, February 1, 2024
"With the same wicked humor, buoyant charm, and optimism that have made her Shopaholic novels beloved international best sellers, Sophie Kinsella delivers a hilarious new novel and an unforgettable new character. Meet Emma Corrigan, a young woman with a huge heart, an irrepressible spirit, and a few little secrets:

SECRETS FROM HER MOTHER:
' I lost my virginity in the spare bedroom with Danny Nussbaum while Mum and Dad were downstairs watching Ben-Hur.
'Sammy the goldfish in my parents' kitchen is not the same goldfish that Mum gave me to look after when she and Dad were in Egypt.'

SECRETS FROM HER BOYFRIEND:
'I weigh one hundred and twenty-eight pounds. Not one eighteen, like Connor thinks.
'I've always thought Connor looks a bit like Ken. As in Barbie and Ken.'

FROM HER COLLEAGUES:
' When Artemis really annoys me, I feed her plant orange juice. (Which is pretty much every day.)
'It was me who jammed the copier that time. In fact, all the times.'

SECRETS SHE WOULDN'T SHARE WITH ANYONE IN THE WORLD:
'I have no idea what NATO stands for. Or even what it is.'

Until she spills them all to a handsome stranger on a plane. At least, she thought he was a stranger...

But come Monday morning, Emma's office is abuzz about the arrival of Jack Harper, the company's elusive CEO. Suddenly, Emma is face-to-face with the stranger from the plane, a man who knows every single humiliating detail about her. Things couldn't possibly get worse. Until they do..." (summary from book flap)

This novel was very cute, but I think I like the Shopaholic series a little better.

Journal Entry 2 by RNAi at Book Sharing Box @thecarwash in Fredericksburg, Virginia USA on Friday, February 23, 2024

Released 1 mo ago (2/23/2024 UTC) at Book Sharing Box @thecarwash in Fredericksburg, Virginia USA

Hello Reader!

You’ve found a traveling book registered at www.BookCrossing.com. This website aims to make reading a fun, shared experience by allowing users to journal books and share them with others. When you’re finished with this book, please make a journal entry to let us know what you thought of it; then you can pass it on to a friend as a “controlled release” or leave it out in the “wild” for a new reader to come across. This can be done anonymously, but if you’d like to join the website to track the book, please mention RNAi as your referring member. The website is spam free and fun for all.

Happy reading!