Happy International BookCrossing Day!
It's a special day for BookCrossing and we hope you'll make it a good one. Ballycumber just posted a short message in the Announcements forum, you can read it here.

If I Had Two Wings: Stories

by RANDALL KENAN | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 1/18/2024
Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Thursday, January 18, 2024
I got this hardcover from the ongoing book sale at the Nashua Public Library. It's a collection of short stories, set in a fictional North Carolina town, and featuring a mix of personal issues and supernatural notes. Among my favorites:

"Mamiwata," in which a young girl meets a handsome man - or water spirit? - who at first gives her a gift of a giant catfish, and then offers her a haven when slave-catchers come close.

"Resurrection Hardware or Lard & Promises": a man and his lover might be seeing ghosts at a haunted inn; this one, too, features a character offering escape by water, but here the protagonist opts to remain behind. Atmospheric and strange.

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Friday, February 16, 2024

Released 2 mos ago (2/16/2024 UTC) at Nashua, New Hampshire USA

I'm adding this book to the Books I've Read and Journaled Bookbox #3 (mailing order in the forum thread); bookbox journal with my selections here.

Released for:

** 2024 Great Backyard Bird Count challenge. [See GBBC info here.] **

Journal Entry 3 by winghaahaahaa98wing at Books I Have Actually Read, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, February 22, 2024

Released 1 mo ago (2/22/2024 UTC) at Books I Have Actually Read, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

Received, and passing along, in the "Books I've Read" Bookbox.

Journal Entry 4 by wingminesaynwing at Huron, Ohio USA on Wednesday, March 27, 2024
Chosen from dabercro's "Books I've Read and Journaled Bookbox #3"

A book of stories written about the author's fictional territory of Tims Creek, North Carolina and some of the people who live there, apparently from reading the book flap's synopsis. Looking forward to reading it some time in the future.