The Book of M: A Novel

by Peng Shepherd | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 1/1/2024
Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Monday, January 1, 2024
I found this Advanced Reader's edition softcover (inscribed by the author to a previous owner) in my Little Free Library in Nashua NH; a nice way to start the New Year. Thanks to whoever left it! Looks to be an intriguing near-future apocalypse, in which people's shadows disappear - leaving them with strange new abilities, and the loss of their previous memories... Seems to be an unusual spin on the more typical plague/zombie scenario, but it has some similarities, in that the few who have (so far) escaped the contagion/curse/whatever-it-is must isolate themselves far from the "shadowless", and also must contend with wandering bands of brigands (some survivors are apparently more proactive about seizing the day than others {rueful grin}).

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at LFL [OBCZ] - New Searles Rd, #46 in Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Monday, January 1, 2024

Released 3 mos ago (1/1/2024 UTC) at LFL [OBCZ] - New Searles Rd, #46 in Nashua, New Hampshire USA

I'm putting this back in my Little Free Library now that it's registered. Hope someone enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in NH here.]

Journal Entry 3 by wingGoryDetailswing at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Friday, March 1, 2024
I'm reclaiming this from my LFL, as it's gone unchosen for a while.

Journal Entry 4 by wingGoryDetailswing at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Friday, March 1, 2024

Released 1 mo ago (3/2/2024 UTC) at Nashua, New Hampshire USA

I'm sending this to BCer ReallyBookish to fill a wish from 2020. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 5 by ReallyBookish at Furlong, Pennsylvania USA on Monday, March 4, 2024
Received safely. Thank you so much! :)