Transmetropolitan Lust for Life

by Warren Ellis, Darick Robertson | Graphic Novels |
Registered by IpswichIzzy of Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on 12/21/2023
Journal Entry 1 by IpswichIzzy from Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on Thursday, December 21, 2023
Outlaw journalist Spider Jerusalem attacks the injustices of his surreal 21st Century through black humour as an investigative reporter for the newspaper The Word in this critically-acclaimed graphic novel series written by comics' superstar Warren Ellis, the co-creator of PLANETARY and THE AUTHORITY.
In this volume, Jerusalem targets three of society's most worshipped and warped pillars: politics, religion, and television. When Spider tries to shed light on the atrocities of these institutions, he finds himself fleeing a group of hit-men/kidnappers in possession of his ex-wife's frozen head, a distorted creature alleging to be his son, and a vicious talking police dog.

Journal Entry 2 by IpswichIzzy at Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on Thursday, December 21, 2023
I loved the presentation, but the story didn't engage me.

Journal Entry 3 by IpswichIzzy at Caffe Nero IP1 Bookcrossing Zone in Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Released 5 mos ago (12/27/2023 UTC) at Caffe Nero IP1 Bookcrossing Zone in Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom

Local BookCrossers meet, from noon on the second Saturday of every month, at Coffee Link, on Neptune Quay. Why not come along and join us? We're easy to spot - we're the people sitting round a table covered in books!