Henry and the Clubhouse

by Beverly Cleary | Children's Books |
ISBN: 0061972215 Global Overview for this book
Registered by eastbaybookmisr of Oakland, California USA on 12/3/2023
Journal Entry 1 by eastbaybookmisr from Oakland, California USA on Sunday, December 3, 2023
2021 Harper trade paperback Revised Edition of the 1962 tale of Ramona Quimby's nemesis Henry Huggins and friends, when even the strongest door won't keep Ramona Quimby out! Illustrated by Jacqueline Rogers. I found this pristine copy today in the Madrone Little Free Library.

I can let this go after I read:
1950 Henry Huggins [read 2019]
1955 Beezus and Ramona [read 2024]
1956 Fifteen [read 2019]
1961 Emily's Runaway Imagination [read 2020]

Edit December 11, 2023: This was very cute, but I skimmed much of it for time. Ramona is very young here, and already a terror. Beezus is also very young. It's fun to see the wide age changes of all these characters as the books develop in the series. One thing that stands out for me here is all the wild pet dogs running loose and chasing and biting people, children, and other loose dogs. That's how it was during my childhood back then, every kid and dog for himself, while running fast as little legs can. So now we have leashes, helmets, and car seats for all. This is of course for young kids, but all ages can certainly enjoy it, as I did. I currently have this ranked at #7252 on my ranked list of best-read books lately.

Released 2 mos ago (12/11/2023 UTC) at Little Free Library at 3666 Magee Ave. in Oakland, California USA

... in the box.

Aside from loving shared books, my main passion in life is supporting the human rights work of my good friend, Anni Cyrus. đź’– đź’– Her life story of survival as a childhood refugee is astounding, and quite moving!